What to do when you have leftover sauce from your Undercover Carrot Mac & Cheese?? Pour it on top of steamed potatoes… what else??
Another way to sneak in carrots into your kids meals…
About 10 fingerling potatoes, washed well and cut in half About ½ cup of leftover sauce from this recipe here
- In a medium sauce pan place the fingerling potatoes. Add enough water to the bottom of the pan, where about half of the potatoes are still exposed. I find that potatoes cook better and faster when only a small amount of water is added to the pot.
- Salt the potatoes and swirl the water in the pan for the salt to combine with the water.
- Cover and let it boil/steam over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Check the potatoes for doneness. If they’re still underdone, let them go for about 2-3 minutes more and without uncovering, turn off the stove.
- After about 10-15 minutes, the potatoes will be perfectly steamed and at the right temperature to handle. I sometimes take the skin off after I steam them… but that’s entirely if to you.
- While the potatoes are resting, heat the leftover sauce. After it’s warm, pour on top of potatoes.
Serve with a nice side salad for a light dinner…