I wanted to serve a signature drink for my sister’s baby shower… she couldn’t drink anything with alcohol and the room we were having the activity didn’t allowed it either. It gave me the perfect situation to serve a non-alcoholic punch that would be enjoyed by everyone.
I have made a version of this drink using champagne… I served it at my friend’s bridal shower. So this is an updated version using frozen fruit pulp, as opposed to frozen fruit juice. You can find frozen fruit pulp in almost any supermarket in Puerto Rico and also in Southern Florida, where the shower was held.
PASSION FRUIT / GUAVA FIZZY DRINK
2 passion fruit pulp – defrosted 1 guava pulp – defrosted ½ cups brown sugar simple syrup About 50 oz natural ginger ale – between 4-5 cans or bottles 1 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large punch bowl mix together the defrosted fruit pulps, the simple syrup, ginger ale and fresh strawberries.
- Add the ginger ale slowly because it will create lots of fizz. If you find it makes too many bubbles, just skim them using a large spoon.
- Add ice to keep the mixture cold for guests.
If you want to make this ahead for a party, this is how I made it.
- I mixed the fruit pulps with the simple syrup to create kind of like a fruit juice concentrate.
- I sliced the strawberries and froze them in individual layers divided by parchment paper.
- At the party, I mixed together the juice concentrate with the ginger ale and added the frozen strawberries last. Add ice to keep the mixture cold.
If you want to make individual drinks, just add fruit concentrate in a tall glass, add ginger ale to taste and add ice as needed. You could also mix with water and it will taste fine too.