If you thought Celery Pineapple juice was out there… let me give you another one.
Celery juice sound weird to many people, but it’s really, really good. It has many beneficial properties, and according to Hippocrates, the father of medicine, it “calms the nerve”… which is probably why was given to me as a treatment. Among its benefits are:
1. Eating celery will reduce high blood pressure and give the effect of calmness.
2. Celery clears uric acid from painful joints and may help the treatment of arthritis and rheumatic problems.
3. Celery also helps the kidney an acts an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Even with all its benefits, celery could be a bit strong for certain people, so I was recommended to take it with lemon or lime to ease it into your system.
My sister was skeptical at first, and even though I don’t think she’ll be making this anytime soon… but I believe she was pleasantly surprised when I gave it to try. I enjoy a glass of this everyday now as part of a treatment, but I believe it will be part of my juice repertoire from now on.
CELERY LIME JUICE
1 stalk of celery, chopped finely The juice of ½ a lime 1 cup of cold water Drizzle of agave nectar or honey Ice cube – optional
- In a blender or Magic Bullet add all ingredients and blend well.
- Strain the juice using a fine mesh sieve to get rid of all the pulp.