Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants.
That’s what it comes down to.
These are the words of my friend, Sheri. She chose what she found to be the 12 most all-encompassing and useful rules from the book Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual by Michael Pollan. I have never heard of the book until the day Sheri posted this on Facebook. Her words, and I guess Mr. Pollan’s too, resonated too much with me and KarmaFree Cooking’s philosophy. That’s why I wanted to share this with you all…
And, in Sheri’s words – “May they keep you fit, healthy and energized in the new year!”
2. Avoid foods you see advertised on television.
3. Eat only foods that will eventually rot.
4. It’s not food if it arrived through the window of your car.
5. Eat mostly plants, especially leaves.
6. The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead.
7. Stop eating before you’re full.
8. Eat when you are hungry, not when you are bored. If you’re not hungry enough to eat an apple, then you’re not hungry.
9. Don’t get your fuel from the same place your car does.
10. Do all your eating at a table.
11. Leave something on your plate.
12. Break the rules once in a while. “All things in moderation. Including moderation.”