It’s been a while since I have been nominated for anything related to the blog. And to my surprise, Morgan Marie from Blissful Eating has been paying attention to what we are doing in our little corner of the world to promote vegetarianism. She nominated KarmaFree Cooking for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
THANKS A LOT Morgan Marie for this recognition. Sometimes work and the daily stresses prevent me from sharing as often as I would like (you should see my folder of pictures and ideas Pending to Post), but efforts like these show me that even if I don’t share/post as often, you guys are still listening. ¡Gracias!
I’ll be honest; I did not know Morgan Marie or Blissful Eating before she nominated me. And to my surprise, we have a lot in common – She likes to eat as healthful as possible, keeping vegan, raw and gluten-free. She is a fan of cleanses and lives in Guam, a US Territory just like Puerto Rico. She loves to travel and has a special place in her heart for France, just like moi. I invited her to visit Puerto Rico, let’s see if she takes me up on the offer before her airline benefits expire in a few months. Please check out her website… is very pretty, the pictures are gorgeous and most every recipe is karma-free!
In the spirit of Xmas to give and give back, I would like to share with you some people who inspire me in many ways.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs
- Comment on a post to let them know that they are nominated
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog
- Follow or subscribe to the blogger who nominated you
Seven Random Facts About KarmaFree Cooking’s Creator, Madelyn
- I love the beach. I love it so much that I live by it and refuse to live anywhere else. The best part of working from my home office is that I have a 280 degree view of the beach/sea.
- I speak 3 languages – Spanish, English and French. I hope to get as fluent in French as I am in English someday.
- I have traveled to 5 continents already – North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Europe. I still have Australia and Antarctica to go. I have been told there are a lot of single handsome men in Australia, what the hell am I waiting for??
- I appeared as an extra in an Oscar-nominated movie – Lo que le pasó a Santiago, the only Puerto Rican movie ever nominated for Best Foreign Film by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. My name appears as part of the closing credits. My pay for it was tickets to see the premiere.
- I don’t own a microwave and haven’t in almost 10 years. By choice. I would like a larger kitchen so I could own a dishwasher. Never owned a dishwasher in my life. I would like one, especially for when I throw dinner parties.
- I never decided to become a vegetarian. It just… happened!!!
- Reality TV is my guilty pleasure… I will travel to Los Angeles soon and I secretly would like to hang out with Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards and former Miss Puerto Rico, Joyce Giraud from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
KarmaFree Cooking’s Nominations
- Blissful Eating – Morgan Marie makes vegan, raw and gluten-free accessible to anyone
- 101 Cookbooks – Heidi is a blogger, cookbook author, James beard Award nominee, photographer… an inspiration all-around
- Verdelicias – A Puerto Rican transplanted in Chicago, María José and her husband Nabol bring Caribbean flavors to your screen…
- Flanboyant Eats – Bren is what I would like to be when I grow up… Chic, fashionable and has cooked with Emeril and Joel Rebouchon… and she makes Awesome flans too!!
- Hungry Food Love – Melissa Bailey has a marketing background but a real flair for Latin cooking that goes beyond her Dominican background.
- Natural, Orgánica y Latina – Laura is my friend and you need to check out her YouTube Channel…
- Viva Fifty – Lorraine makes being 50+ fabulous… I hope to reach 50 with as much flair as she has…
- Just Glowing with Health – a mutual friend brought us together and I hope to be able to connect in person when I visit Los Angeles soon…
- Adriana’s Best Recipes – a Mexican with desire to make her culture shine in all her recipes…
- Sazón Boricua – Jeanette lives in Puerto Rico, yet we have only seen each other in person during travels. Her recipes are real nice, not just Puerto Rican.
- Momables – Laura has won the Rewrapped Show in the Food Network and is super nice and knowledgeable about making cool kids school lunches.
- Presley’s Pantry – Nicole is funny and makes the most entertaining videos on YouTube.
- GrandBaby Cakes – Jocelyn is a Facebook friend and bakes the most amazing desserts. She is working on her new cookbook too!!!
- Mommyhood Diary – Oriana consistently tantalizes me with her awesome pictures of delicious creations…
- PiccoloMondoPR – He’s a dad traveling all over Puerto Rico showing his kids the wonders of our little corner of the world.
These blogs are super interesting and I definitely encourage you to check them out! I hope they inspire you as much as they inspired me!