This was one of the main dishes we created for our 3rd KarmaFree Cooking class recently. We were super excited because we got picked up by the local newspaper El Nuevo Día and we received tons of calls from people interested. We hosted 7 students who are not vegetarian, but are very interested in following a more natural and meat-free diet. I was thrilled!!
Angie is the expert among us making tofu scramble… but I made sure the ingredients were colorful, vibrant and easy to find in any supermarket.
1 package of extra-firm tofu 1 vegetable bouillon cube with seas salt and herbs ½ red onion, chopped 1 orange bell pepper, chopped 1 package of fresh baby spinach 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved Olive oil Butter or Dairy-free alternative like Earth Balance Freshly Cracked Black Pepper ½ tsp turmeric
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil, a pat of butter and add the onions and peppers to soften. Add the bouillon cube too and dissolve it in the mixture.
- Drain the tofu as much as you can. In a bowl, pat it with a few paper towels. Mash the tofu and add to the onions and peppers in the skillet. Miox it well so the tofu starts infusing itself with the flavors in the skillet.
- Season with black pepper and turmeric. Mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach to the mixture. Mix it all well and cover for a few minutes so the spinach wilts .
- Uncover and raise the heat a bit so the liquid that most probably accumulated at the bottom can evaporate a bit.
Serve alongside these Double Mustard Roasted Potatoes and your favorite toast.